Cases and Results
Over 20 Years of Experience Successfully Representing Clients
- Acquittals for criminal defendants in jury and bench trials.
- Non-prosecution of target hospice owner in a federal, civil False Claims Act and criminal investigation that began with a raid by the FBI and HHS OIG.
- Non-prosecution of a target doctor in an investigation involving kickback and obstruction allegations involving payments from a laboratory.
- Non-prosecution of a target CPA in a tax fraud investigation involving the preparation of multiple client tax returns.
- Non-prosecution of a target business owner in a customs fraud investigation alleging transshipment of millions of dollars of goods from China.
- Non-prosecution of four high-level company executives in a Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigation involving the export of aircraft to Africa and the middle east.
- Non-prosecution of target home health company and its owner in a criminal investigation by the Texas Attorney General and Medicaid Fraud Control Unit.
- Non-prosecution of target business owner in a high profile public corruption case.
- Deferred adjudication for doctor in a FDA investigation alleging use of non-FDA approved Botox.
- Deferred adjudication for business owner involving allegations of several hundred thousand dollars of structuring and a tax fraud investigation.
- Probation sentence for CPA in a tax fraud case where the Government and United States Sentencing Guidelines supported an incarceration sentence.
- Probation sentence for individual in a mortgage fraud case where the Government and United States Sentencing Guidelines supported an incarceration sentence.
- Misdemeanor plea and probation sentence for business owner charged with three state tax felonies involving several hundred thousand dollars in state sales and use taxes.
- Negotiated numerous civil and administrative settlements for health care providers who paid 10% or less than the government's demand, in federal and state False Claims Act (FCA) whistleblower and administrative cases.
- Representation of clients in IRS domestic and international voluntary disclosure matters, including results where the government agreed not to impose the willfulness penalty.
- Representation of individuals in IRS innocent spouse cases resulting in zero or less than 10% of taxes due by client-spouse.
This list includes Sarah Wirskye's representations prior to founding the firm. She was the primary attorney representing her client in these cases. Results vary by case and are for informational purposes.