About Sarah Wirskye
Sarah Wirskye, JD, MBA, CPA
Sarah Wirskye has been defending clients in white collar criminal and civil fraud disputes with the government for over twenty-five years. She is ranked in Chambers and has been consistently recognized by her peers as a Super Lawyer and Best Lawyer in Dallas in White Collar Criminal Defense.
Sarah received her law degree from Southern Methodist University, with honors. Her business background, as a former practicing CPA with a Big 6 accounting firm and her Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree, makes her uniquely suited to defend clients in financial fraud matters.
Sarah is a strategic problem solver who is results and detail-oriented. She works proactively with the government to avoid an indictment or a lawsuit. Sarah is also an experienced courtroom attorney who has successfully tried white collar criminal, civil, and other criminal cases in federal and state court before juries and judges. She uses a collaborative approach to counsel clients in making informed decisions in these high stakes cases.
Sarah frequently speaks nationally and written several articles in the white collar criminal defense and civil fraud areas, with a focus on healthcare, customs and tax fraud and the False Claims Act.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Texas Super Lawyers, Criminal Defense: White Collar, Texas Super Lawyers and Texas Monthly Magazine, 2013-2023
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, Criminal Defense - White Collar, D Magazine, 2015-2023
- Top Women Attorneys in Texas, Criminal Defense - White Collar, Texas Monthly Magazine, 2019-2023
- Ranked in Chambers USA, Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations, 2020-2023
- Texas Rising Star, Texas Monthly and Law and Politics Magazine, 2005-2009
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association, National Co-Chair - North Texas/Oklahoma Region, Criminal Justice Section White Collar Crime Committee and Former Co-Chair, Tax Fraud Committee of the Criminal Justice Section
- Women in White Collar Criminal Defense Association, Dallas Chapter Leader
- North Texas Federal Criminal Law Inn of Court, Master
- Dallas Bar Association
- Criminal Justice Act Panel Attorney, Northern District of Texas
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
- J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law, Juris Doctorate with honors, 1998
- Member, SMU Law Review
- Hatton Sumners Scholar
- M.B.A., University of Texas at Dallas, Master of Business Administration, 1993
- B.B.A., Southern Methodist University, 1991, Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting Major
- State Bar of Texas, 1998
- C.P.A., Texas Certified Public Accountant, 1993
- State Bar of Texas
- Northern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
- Court of Federal Claims